If you're reading this, then you'll already know that Lewes FC Women is one of the most progressive women's football clubs in the UK. We are currently in the FA Women's Premier League, but we have applied to be in the new FA Women's Championship, from next season - this is the second tier of the national game, just below the Women's Super League. And this season Lewes FC became the first club in the world to have equal playing budgets for its women's and men's teams - so you know we're serious about this.
To match our football ambitions and to help push our gender equality campaign, we now need a dynamic, entrepreneurial but fiendishly organised General Manager who is a great communicator. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, as outlined in the Job Description, but your number one focus and passion will be to help take us all the way to the Women's Super League. This position reports directly to the Lewes FC main Board.
Please apply to email@example.com and be sure to send a cover email too explaining what singles you out to be the obvious choice for this role.
The General Manager’s role is to manage all aspects of the Lewes FC Women’s club.
You will be responsible for Lewes FC Women’s team’s personnel; budgets; commercial development, and professional day-to-day management.
We would also expect you to manage relationships and services provided to the club by key partners e.g. men’s football clubs/education partners. The direct reports of this role include: Club Secretaries and/or Match Promotion Officers, safeguarding officers.
The efficient and friendly day-to-day operations of the football club and its associated amenities. Supporting the directors, teams and volunteers. You should also be comfortable dealing with media enquiries, interviews and conference speaking, as required.
Essential: Enhanced CRB Check required
· Experience in a general business/management role (ideally within a sports club/ development environment, but not essential)
· Experience of writing and delivering strategy
· Experience of commercial/business management, (ideally within a semi-professional sports related environment)
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with club staff.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop effective working relationships with people both inside and outside the club.
· Self starter with ability to manage their own workload
· Aware of diversity and equality challenges in football
· Empathy and commitment to the long term development of the game
· Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment
· Strong IT and project management skills
· Full driving license required
· Ability to work flexibly, including weekends and independent travel
· Passion to develop the female game
Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a covering email and attach an up-to-date CV. Your application will of course be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing date: April 20th
Time commitment: Full time with some evenings & weekend requirements including bank holidays.
Location: Lewes, East Sussex. The club is happy for the successful candidate to spend a proportion of the week working from home or another remote location.
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Start date: June 2018